On behalf of Inkatha Freedom Party, I move without notice: That the House
1) EXTENDS its deepest and heartfelt condolences to the Blöchliger family, following the sudden tragic loss of their daughter, Ms Franziska Blöchliger, in Tokai, on Monday 7 March 2016;
2) NOTES that the Constantia Waldorf School learner went jogging with her mother and her younger sister in the Tokai forest on Monday afternoon, where she was attacked and brutally murdered;
3) FURTHER NOTES that the young girl whose life was cut short on the afternoon of 7 March 2016 has been remembered by all those who knew her as a kind and loving person who contributed hugely to the social fabric of her school;
4) EXPRESS its deepest concern with the ever-growing levels of violent crime in South Africa, which robs families of their loved ones on a daily basis and has left many South Africans living in a perpetual state of fear;
5) APPRECIATES the efforts made by SAPS, which has already led to the arrest of three people in connection with this heinous murder, and calls for the harshest sentence possible to be imposed for those found guilty of this heinous crime; and
6) THANKS all South African citizens who have shown solidarity with the family, knowing that our citizens must unite against crime in our communities.
by Liezl van der Merwe, MP, Inkatha Freedom Party