Three men who are suspected to be behind the killing of Cape Town police Constable Lindekile Sikade (39) in April this year have been arrested by the Hawks and Tactical Response Team members on Monday afternoon.

The Hawks and Tactical Response Team members followed information which led them to different addresses in Lower Crossroad, Phillip-East were three suspects, aged 28, 34 and 37 were nabbed. Constable Sikade, who was stationed at Grassy Park Detective Unit, was inside his official vehicle en route to work when he was ambushed by the suspects who shot him dead before fleeing the scene with his service pistol.

The suspects will appear before the Mitchells Plain Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, facing charges of murder.

In a separate incident a 22-year-old Siphamandla Gqongweni from Thubelitsha, Delft in Cape Town will apply for bail when he appears in the Bellville Magistrate’s Court on 12 July 2016 following his arrest on 27 May 2016 for the murder of Constable Lunthu Sive Nkabi (38) who was shot and killed on 22 April 2016.

Nkabi, who was stationed at Delft police station was off duty, driving his private vehicle when another car suddenly blocked the road at the corner of Geelmelhout and Hothron Streets in Thubelitsha, Delft. The constable got out of his vehicle to investigate what was the matter but instead of getting answers he was shot at close range and he died at the scene.

The National Head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation Lieutenant General Mthandazo Ntlemeza has praised the team that investigates police killing cases for bringing police killing suspects to book. He said the team of dedicated men and women will stop at nothing in their quest to stop the killing of police officers. “We said it before that our claws are out for those who kill police officers. An attack to a police officer is an attack to the security of the state and we are out to get whoever commits the cold act of threatening the safety and security of this country”, said Lieutenant General Ntlemeza.